Friday 30 April 2010

SoulNRnB/Grizz Birthday Mix!!! We are a year old!!!

DJ GRIZZ:

"We are 1 year old today and hope we've got you Soul fans in touch with some familier, some forgotten, as well as introduced you to some less well known nuggets.


For my contribution to this days mega post I've chosen some classic rare groove tracks. These are the tunes that, back in the days when I was still playing out at parties and bars, I always carried in my record box and were guarrenteed to get a good reaction from the Soul/Rare Groove afficianados in the crowd.

Included as my re-post choice I've chosen the 'Live Mix' from SoulNRnB's collection. Tunes that you know and love but delivered in that special way only a live performance can give.

Enjoy the big post and I'll be back Tuesday week on 11th May (give you all a chance to digest this Soul feast).

Grizz   "



SoulNRnB:

"Well, a year has just flown by. We intended this blog to introduce people to some new and old sounds, to expand thier horizons a little, and to be the most soulful site around.

I love Black Music. Not that MOBO/B.E.T , Autotune ridden stuff people call RnB today. The real stuff. Wether it be 70's Soul to Neo Soul, Jazz to Lovers, House to Hip Hop. If its soulful, we love it on this blog.

There are great artists out there today making great music, and there are artists that have been forgotten that you need to know about.

My New mix here showcases some modern tunes of various styles that may have missed your radar. Check them out.

Included aswell as my repost is Grizz's Uplifing Soul mix that does what it says on the tin. Great soul music that stirs the soul.

So, enjoy the 4 mixes in this 1 post, 2 old and 2 new. A great place to start if your a new visitor, a little treat for those that have been with us for the last 12 months.

More Soul, great producers, House, Street Sounds and various specials coming from me soon.

SoulNRnB.                      "

SoulNRnB and Grizz's MEGA Birthday post!! UPDATED 21/1/12

Tracklist in comments.

7 comments:

SoulNRnB said...

Grizz's rare Groove Mix:

Dynasty - Adventures in the land of music
Kinky Fox- So different
Four Tops - Strung out for your love
Black Ivory- Postcard love affair
Hi Tension- There’s a reason
Voices of East Harlem- Wanted dead or alive
Shot- Main thing
Shalamar - Sweeter as the days go by
Betty Wright- Clean up woman
Tammi Terrell- All I do



SoulNRnB's Birthday Nugget Mix:

1.Chantal Ambroise - Enough
2.Kim Sanders - If you dont
3.Marwan - Aint nobody better
4.Louie Vega & Julie McKnight - Bittersweet Love Affair 2
5.Louie Vega & Erykah Badu - Telephone
6.Darien - Just cant wait
7.Hygher Baby - When I found You

PLUS:

SoulNRnB's Soul show LIVE
DJ Grizz's Uplifting Soul

mixes!

e-keane said...

Gentlemen,

Congratulations and well done on celebrating your first birthday on the blogosphere. Here's to many more to come.
You have introduced me to music old and new, re-acquainted me with old favourites and generally royally entertained.
I salute you both and wish you all the best.
Sorry I have not been leaving cooments for a while but some personal issues have taken my time and denied me the pleasure and comfort of the music.
But....I'm still a loyal fan.

Respect & regards,

Eugene

SoulNRnB said...

Eugene - Your always welcome! One of our "Old School" followers!!

Hope all is well now, Enjoy what we have on the Blog mate.

ADB said...

Great mix - thanks.

SoulNRnB said...

Thanks ADB.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Many thanks for the blog and some great tunz this past year - very much appreciated.

SoulNRnB said...

Thanks for the kind sentiments and the comment! Dont be a stranger Oaken!