Monday 31 January 2011

DJ Grizz- World Groove Mix

And now for something a little different! This mix has my usual ingrediants of mainly 70's and 80's Soul, Rare Grooves and Jazz Funk but this time I've searched my boxes high and low for tunes from parts of the globe you wouldn't always associate with quality Soul/Jazz Funk.


We have a French version of a rare groove classic, some top notch Jap Soul n boogie, funk slices from Mexico and Kenya, a Jamacian reggae band going Soul, a Brazilian Earth Wind and Fire inspired band, and 2 modern soul contributions from Sweden and New Zealand!
Tracklist (and countries) in comments. SoulNRnB up next and I'll be back in a week with some Valentines flavoured old school mellowness.
Grizz

1 comment:

Grizz said...

Dwight Druick- Georgy Porgy France
Tatsuro Yamashita- Windy lady Japan
Eric Gadd- Why don’t you why don’t I Sweden
La Tribu- La chica de los hot pants cortos Mexico
Banda Black Rio- Candeia Brazil
Kimiko Kasai- We can fall in love Japan
The Pioneers- I’ll treasure the moment Jamaica
Matata- Wanna do my thing Kenya
Cortex ft Alain Mion- Mary et Jeff (77 version) France
Kylie Auldist - Lookin for you New Zealand