Monday 9 January 2012

DJ Grizz - Soulful 80's Vol.14

Its back to the 80's for my 2nd post of the year and I've spent all weekend watching re-runs of Magnum PI and Thundercats in preparation.

The mix starts with an 80's anthem from Aurra, then another artist with a Slave connection- Steve Washington, blue eyed soul boy Ned Doheny does his version of a track best known by Chaka Khan, rare groove queen Sheree Brown features, and topped off with a later Whispers track (and fans of strutting should check out the vid on YouTube- Whispers gold!).

Next week I'm back on the Rare Groove trail. Finally big props to SoulNRnB who is refusing to let them take down his latest mix of brand new tunes. The clues in the blog title record companies.... these are mixes, we are promoting the music, new and old, forgotten and yet to be discovered!!! Get with the program!

Grizz

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MI1C5MP3

Tracklist in comments

1 comment:

Grizz said...

Aurra - like I like it
Steve Washington- Wake me when its over
Dee Edwards- Once you give it up
Maurice Massiah- How long
Kano- Cant hold back your lovin
Ned Doheny- Watcha gonna do for me
Otis Williams- I love you love me
Sheree Brown- Love only knows
Ingram- I like it
The Whispers- keep on lovin me