Monday 7 May 2012

DJ Grizz- Soul Versions, Back for More

Its a holiday here in the UK and I'm planning on having a lazy one. But not before I post my Monday contribution to the Soul blogosphere with another selection of quality old soul n jazz covers of well known tunes! Soul Versions- Back for More!

Maxine Nightingale kicks off the mix with a Quincy Jones cut, Chairmaine Forde discos up Bobby Caldwell, Mongo Santamaria latins up Barry White, Tavares cover Hall & Oates, and finished off with a more recent take of the Pharoah Saunders jazz funk anthem. Plus 5 more top notch covers!

SoulNRnB back later in the week, and I'll be in an 'Uplifting' mood next week 'cos we all need a little uplifting some times!

Grizz

 http://www.mediafire.com/?r8t1sxsnjlc7f4n

Tracklist in comments

1 comment:

Grizz said...

Maxine Nightingale- If I ever lose this heaven
Martha Reeves- Now that we found love
Charmaine Forde- What u wont do for love
Aggression Band & Show- You are my starship
Mongo Santamaria- Midnite & you
Joann Garrett- Walk on by
David T Walker- Never can say goodbye
United Family- Feel like making love
Tavares- She’s Gone
Boogaloo- You gotta have freedom