Sunday 20 October 2013

DJ Grizz- Herbie Hancock Mix

This mornings contribution is from Jazz Funk maestro Herbie Hancock. From his roots on Blue Note records and with Miles Davis in the 60's throughout the synth led Jazz Funk filled 70's and 80's he was adept at the straight ahead jazz as well as the SoulJazz/ Jazz Funk featured in this mix. Indeed many many years ago, as a teenage fledgling collector, his 1979 'Best of' LP was one of my 1st purchases after I was allocated a space on the 'LP' shelf next my dads rock collection (above the family 'music system'!).

The mix begins with club fave Saturday Night (a regular on the Greg Edwards playlist I recall), a jazz funk drumming lesson on Just Around The Corner, includes I Thought it Was You (an up-tempo alternate take), Chameleon, Stars in Your Eyes and more classics than you can shake a stick at!  

Back in rare groove 'Niceness' territory next week... up next Mr S!

Grizz
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/7038287/file.html

Saturday Night
Just around the corner
I thought it was you
Hang up on your hang ups
Chameleon
You bet your love
Stars in your eyes
Give it all your heart
Making love
Sunlight

No comments: