Sunday 5 January 2014

DJ Grizz- The 'Maze' Mix

 
My 1st mix of 2014 so thought I'd better make it a classy one and they don't come any classier than Frankie Beverly and Maze.
 
They started life in the 60's as the Butlers before becoming Raw Soul then Maze. Another one of those groups who are responsible for more 70's & 80's soul and quiet storm anthems than I can do justice to on one mix. The ten features rare groove/weekender classics like Joy and Pain, Back in Stride & Before I Let Go together with mellow groove gems like Happy Feelin's and Lady of Magic plus more timeless nuggets. These guys are still gigging (I saw them about 20 years ago in Brentwood, Essex!) so catch them if you can.
 
Mr S up real soon and i'll catch you next week.
 
Grizz 
http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/73388262/file.html
Joy and Pain
Golden time of day
Happy Feelings
Lady of Magic
Call on me
Travelin Man
Family
You
Back in stride
Before I let go

No comments: