Sunday 20 April 2014

DJ Grizz- Wayne Henderson Mix

Hi guys n girls! A slight departure from my planned post but I couldn't let the passing of a Jazz Funk great the other week go without tipping my hat so here's my Wayne Henderson tribute. A great brass musician from his early jazz beginnings in the 60's, through being a co-founder of the seminal Crusaders to his solo and collaborative jazz-funk LP's of the 70's and 80's not to mention producer on great LPs from Pleasure, Side Effect, Ronnie Laws and many more.

The tribute mix includes jazz dance gem I'm Staying Forever, Soul Club classic Dancin' Love Affair, some great collaborations with Roy Ayres and a solid Crusaders cut.

Hope it helps with your Easter Egg withdrawal over the coming week! Catch u next Sunday with a bucket full of Rare Grooves... Mr S up soon.

Grizz
http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/13790465/file.html
I’m staying forever
Hot stuff
Dancin’ love affair
Step into our life (with Roy Ayres)
No Deposit, no return (with Roy Ayres)
For You
Chain Reaction
Mysterious Maiden


No comments: