Sunday 10 July 2016

DJ Grizz- Bobby Womack Mix

Todays mix is a tribute to the late great Bobby Womack, the man with the gritty soul vocals. A career that covered almost 60 years from 1st performing with Sam Cooke, then his early 1960's group The Valentino's, through extensive solo success in the 70's and 80's to an almost revival of his talents just before he passed in 2014 (just weeks before he was due to play at a Festival in East London just up the Road from me!!).

Here's a personal choice of my favourite Bobby tracks including soul steppers party favourite Daylight, club classic How Could You Break My Heart, I Can Understand It also recorded with The Valentinos, the often covered Welcome Stop On By, and a real nugget in Give It Up.

Catch you soon!

Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog

Daylight
Womans gotta have it
How could you break my heart
I can understand it
Your’e welcome stop on by
Thats the way i feel about cha
I dont wanna be hurt by love
Lay your lovin on me
Give it up

No comments: