Sunday 4 September 2016

DJ Grizz- Al Green Mix




The Reverend Al Green, one of sweetest voices in Soul is the subject of todays mix. The biggest act on Willie Mitchells Memphis 'Hi Records' label with its distinctive sound Al started recording in the late 60's and was still putting out quality Soul music as late as 2008! Heres some of Al's music that speak to me the most!

We start with the 1972 masterpiece Love and Happiness, next up an Al 'souled out' version of the Beatles, there's Keep on Pushing Love from 1995 and still every bit as good as his early recordings, we've the sublime dreamy Stay With Me By The Sea, and it ends one of the greats in I'm Still In Love With You... plus much more Al magic to relive!

Back soon mixtapers!

Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog


Love and happiness
i wanna hold your hand
Keep on pushing love
Judy
Look what you done for me
Funny how time slips away
Stay with me by the sea
Feels like summer
Dream
I’m still in love with you

No comments: