Sunday 26 February 2017

DJ Grizz- Chaka Khan Mix

Todays mix is an appreciation of one of the 70's and 80's great Soul and Funk icons- its Ms Yvette Stevens.... better known as Chaka Khan. A large back catalogue of nuggets and hits to choose from not to mention a cameo in the Blues Brothers film what's not to love about Ms Khan. Either as part of the great 70's Soul/Funk band Rufus or later as a solo singer here's my favourites!

We start with a Rufus funk-soul monster in Do You Love What You Feel, there's the disco tinged Clouds, a great jazz interpretation in A Night In Tunisia, the wicked Stay, and we end on a live version of Sweet Thing to show off that powerful voice... plus more (indeed I could easily have done a 2 parter to cover all my faves!)

Enjoy fellow Mixtapers!

Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog

Do you love what you feel
Clouds
A night in Tunisia
Eye to eye
I'm every woman
Packed my bags
Stay
Tell me something good
Sweet Thing (live)

No comments: