Sunday 11 February 2018

DJ Grizz- The Temptations

My second 'artist' mix in a row but I couldn't let the passing of Dennis Edwards go without a nod to his and the bands contribution to Soul music. The 'Temps' were one of the greatest vocal groups on Motown (and therefore one of the greatest vocal groups ever...period!). The mix covers the both early 60's David Ruffin years before Dennis took over on lead vocals in '68, through their psychedelic Soul phase of the early 70's and into their funky 80's catalogue.
We've Temptations classics like Papa Was A Rolling Stone, My Girl, Just My Imagination, a dance floor favourite in Treat Her Like A Lady and end on the sublime Hey Girl plus many more 'Temp' treats to enjoy.
Stay Soulful Mixtapers!
Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog
Papa was a rolling stone
Aint too proud to beg
Youre my everything
My girl
Just my imagination
Its Summer
Treat her like a lady
Love ballad
Hey girl

No comments: